Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Ladder down

.... into hell.   No, but even more oppressive than last workout in Sewanee.  After sunset at the Dean Hayes track, it was 84º and humid.   Was dreading this one because of the heat, air was completely still, not a hint of a breeze.  So, I generated my own breeze.

Saucony Ride trainers on
 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
600m - 1:49 
500m - 89 
400m - 65 
300m - 45 
200m - 27.5
Was hard.   I took ample recovery time and noticed something weird about my heart rate.  Several minutes after the exhausting 400m, as I was lining up for the 300m, my heart rate was still 124.  A few minutes after the 300m, my pulse was noticeably stronger, but still ... 124.  Seems like even with lots of rest in between, my heart rate never drops much below 120.   Must be really out of shape.

Yesterday I was feeling a slight upper glute strain that caused me to cut short my Monday workout.  Probably because I started too heavy ... single leg split squats with 100 lbs.   Tonight in my last 200m, which I shouldn't have tried to run fast, I felt a slight tightness and pain in my left ham.   Probably nothing, didn't slow me down, but I think I will lay off the heavy weights next resistance workout.

Was under 145 for the first time in a while after workout.  Just barely.

No comments:

Post a Comment