Saturday, January 18, 2014

Speed endurance ladder

Sewanee's Couglan Track in mid afternoon was bright and sunny at first but started to get cloudy and freezing toward the end of my workout.  I was a bit worried about the near freezing temps and the wind, but after a hot bath and a decent warmup, I felt plenty warm enough to run in shorts and long sleeve tech-T, but in between reps, I put the sweats on.  However, after it clouded up, I really felt that single number wind chill.

400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
600m - 1:45 
500m - 84 
400m - 62  
300m - 46

It was a good workout and faster than I expected in the conditions and since I'm empty and eating very light.  By the last 300m, the wind was whipping and I pretty much gave the 400 a strong effort, running about even splits.  I felt my form was a bit more relaxed and smooth today and the hip issue is definitely fading.  I did a little resistance yesterday and I'm a bit weaker.

My weight is coming down again, about 143.2 after workout.  This is wholly due to diet.

Should be ready for some good speed in about a week.

Setting my timer



No comments:

Post a Comment