Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Indoor tempo + speed

Sewanee's Fowler Center Track .... lots of turns

Good thing I planned an indoor workout today at Sewanee's Fowler Center 160m track.  It is bitter cold, snowing, in the low teens today.  I'll be racing on that track this Saturday, so it was good to give it go.

Sprinting these flat turns is pretty insane.  Stressful on the ankles because at race pace, I really lean on the turns.  It became apparent pretty quickly that this track will not yield good times for long sprints, so I'm just doing it for a workout.  The 200m is scheduled just one hour after the 400m.

I'll be attempting my first 400m race on this little track.  Of the 160m lap, about 90m is on the turn. It'll be very hard to pass on this track.  Unlike most indoor 400s, this race will have 5 turns instead of 3 1/2 or 4 (depending on lane).   It will be an accomplishment to break 58 on this track.
480m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
400m x 3 w/2 min rest - 69, 72, 75 
200m x 2 - 28, 28.5
Wanted to save a little for some near race pace 200s, so I didn't do my usual 4x400, just 3... but it was plenty on this track.   Harder to run the same times as outdoor.

Hip glute a little sore but not bad.  Weight is 143.5 after workout.  Will only have time to do one more workout this week before the meet Sat.   Busy time of year.



No comments:

Post a Comment