Thursday, January 30, 2014

event runs

Sunny and mid 30sº on the Dean Hayes track, but the wind was whipping and it felt colder, but still warm enough to train in shorts, long T and gloves.   As I was walking to the track, I waved to the legendary coach Hayes in the parking lot.  I used the heated mens room to do some stretches.  I ran 300s at near race pace from the 400m start (2 turns).
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
2 x 300m - 42, 42 (even split 14/14/14) 
150m strider
The hip issue is still with me, but not bad.  Weight is a tad high, as it has been - 143 after workout.
Crazy time of yr, 4 concerts and 2 track meets in the next 15 days... and teaching an overload again.  Not a lot of time for track training.

Flag at the track was whipping and shredded by the wind.





No comments:

Post a Comment