Thursday, January 16, 2014

Brief tempo endurance

A cold blustery day at the Dean Hayes track late morning.  It was partly sunny, about 35º but felt colder due to the wind whipping up the home stretch.  Still ran in shorts and tech-T.

The glute/hip thing felt better but still lingers, so I didn't want to run fast today, but not really in shape for a good 4x400 tempo, so I did a 3x400.

Definitely need to do more quantity foundation if I am to get in 400m shape again.

400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
3 x 400m w/ 2 min rest - 67, 73, 80

There was no way I could have mustered a 4th.   Maybe by next week in better weather.
Still a little heavy for competition, 145 lbs after workout, but I'm slimming down.  Have a yearly blood work and physical coming up.



No comments:

Post a Comment