Friday, August 4, 2023

3x300m tempo

 Mid 70ºs sunny and humid at the Sewanee track.  Returned to the same workout I attempted before, 'hair of the dog that bit me' last time.  A little lighter, and a better paced set, I got it done.  3 x 300m w/ 3 min rest is a good workout without being soul crushing like the 4x300m w/ 3 min I was doing at peak before Nationals.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, bands, drills, 2 x 100m

Adidas trainers on

3 x 300m w/ 3min rest - 49.62, 50.19, 49.56

Was able to finish it strong with the last one being the fastest.  Got it done and I just wanted to complete it, unlike last time.  That's why I didn't run the first one fast.  

I'm signed up for all 3 sprints at Canadian Nationals.  Not a huge turnout with one heat in each event in my age group.  Looks like a nice blue track, they've had elite meets there.  Not that much competition except Greg in the 400m who runs 60 flat.  Should be fun.  

As I said, I was lighter today.  That helped. 139.3 lbs after workout.  


No comments:

Post a Comment