Wednesday, August 9, 2023

2x150 tempo, blocks

Light workout today, rain approaching mid afternoon, mid 70ºs and a little drizzle.  I did a short set on turf today and some blocks with the sprint starter app.   Last workout before Sat meet in Vancouver.   

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m

2 x 150m on turf w/ 30 sec rest - 22.13, 22.85

4 x starts from blocks - best reaction = 174ms

The 150s were brisk and smooth, tiring but not super taxing, close to 400m race pace. 

I haven't heard anything about the 4x8 relay, so this may have been the last workout of my competitive season.    I think I'm good to go for one last meet.  I'm healthy, so I could conceivably do the 4x8 but I've been kept hanging too long, I'd have to really think about it if I'm asked.  It would require some hard painful training to reach optimum endurance that I'm willing to do, since I'm in decent shape to start.  I'll make a decision by Monday.  

Feeling pretty good considering the long season.  It's been 8 months since my competition season started in Dec.  Most masters don't start that early, nor are they still racing now.  I took just a week off from running last Aug a year ago, then slowly ramped up.  Ended my '22 season Aug 1, started training (running) 1x/ week Aug 8,  twice a week in Sept., and by Oct.,  I was training pretty much full scale which is 3x/week.   

Going to enjoy a meet where I can win with my B game and just have fun.   I wish Roya had entered, she might have medaled in the 100m.   Another episode of 'athletic tourism'.   The weather looks fantastic, no chance of rain and 80ºs during the day.  Really looking forward to seeing Whistler.  

139.8 lbs after workout.  




No comments:

Post a Comment