Sunday, July 2, 2023

4x300m tempo

Today was the hard day.  Decent weather, mid 70ºs but humid, cloudy, breezy SE wind.  Training in between summertime thunderstorms, but fortunately the track was dry.  Got it done and with a season best avg.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, 100m, bands, drills

Adidas trainers on

4 x 300m w/ 3 min rest - 48.06, 48.06, 49.56, 52.07 (avg 49.44)

2 x 90lb weight pulls - 55 yds.

Paced this really well to get it done.  Yes, precisely the same time on the first 2 reps, weird but not unprecedented. The foot hurt at the beginning but tolerated it ok.  As usual the last rep was crushingly hard.   Even after 2 1/2 min and walking across the field, my heart rate was still at 160.   No telling how high it was at max.  My previous best avg 4x3 tempo this season was right before World Indoor on March 20, 49.79.  

Back in the day, I would complete this set and then do another, but my foot limits me.  I did do 2 weight pulls but I was pretty beat.  

140.0 lbs after workout.  Ate a lot last night including some carbs. 

Weather has stabilized.   Pretty much the same every day, about a 35% chance of showers, highs about 80º.

Typical dinner... flounder and brussels sprouts




No comments:

Post a Comment