Monday, October 3, 2022

600, 300, 200 ; (

Mid 60ºs,  moderate NW wind, dry and sunny.   Same workout I did just over 2 weeks ago, but slower.  Still detraining.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m

600m - 1:50.13 (34.90, 37.61, 37.61)

Adidas trainers on 

300m - 44.65   (13.89, 14.44, 16.32)

200m - 95% (timing error)

I wasn't looking forward to the 600m today.  It was overall a discouraging workout.  Slower than the same workout I did on Sept 19... 1.6 sec slower in the 600m, 1 sec slower in the 300, and I couldn't even redeem my self in the 200m because the timer failed.  It was totally exhausting and just felt like I'm going backwards.  The 300 was bad, I rigged at the end despite just a modest 28.3 first 200m.  Yea it was windy and the wind caught me on the turn but still.  It sucked and it hurt.  Maybe a bit under fueled.  My foot was sore from the previous day of hiking.  This was one of those days where I ask myself if I can keep doing this.  It just seems to get harder and harder.  But I have to trust the process.   I've still not been lifting or cross training on the bike like I had all through August and early Sept.   Starting work and having Roya here has limited me a bit, and so has a number of projects, like firewood, learning a new Bach Sonata, and many other things.

Just 140.1 lbs after workout, but still soft and yes... carrying a bit of fat on my sides, but not much.  

Definitely going to lift tomorrow and bike up the mountain.  Incredible weather - sunny everyday.  In a mild drought.  Only about an inch of rain in a month.

1 comment:

  1. You are very tough on yourself. Good work. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete