Friday, October 7, 2022

3x300

Beautiful weather (again) this evening in Sewanee, dry, upper 60ºs and NW breeze.  I was going to do a 3x300 tempo set but I started the first one too fast and bailed after 2.  Then with 12 min rest, I ran a 3rd.  It really wasted me.  It was hard, but I survived.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100

2x300m w/ 3 min rest - 47.81, 49.62

300m - 46.63

I was happy to have the track this evening after a busy day.  Instead of relaxing all day before the workout, I did an extensive repair on my old MS261 chainsaw - a complete teardown and rebuild of the engine head and cylinder.  It runs!  Heh, Stihl said it would be too expensive to fix.  Head and piston was $45 on Amazon.

So, I was a bit tired going into this workout, a lot of time on my feet today, up and down the stairs dozens of times, back was a bit sore from bending over and working on this project.  But glad to get it done, both the repair and the workout.  

I knew I wasn't going to get 3x300m w/ 3m rest after the second one.   My heart rate was still over 140 after 3 min.  

One good thing is that I'm getting lighter and fitter.  139.5 lbs after workout.  I've reached the 'jelly belly stage' where the last of my ab fat gets soft and loose before it melts away.   

I did one bike climb (22 min) and 2x30 single leg squats with 45 lbs on Tues and Wed.  I need to keep this up.  


No comments:

Post a Comment