Tuesday, October 20, 2020

quality 150s

Warm Tuesday at the Sewanee track for late Oct.  Mid 70ºs, sunny, light breeze.  Actually brought my practice spikes for the first time in a while.  Good day for a little speed.  All sprints were done flying - about a 3 step running start.  First sprints in sets a little cautious, second ones - full effort.

I did the big Raccoon Mountain bike climb from the boat on Sunday and Monday.  

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, 2 x 100m on turf, drills, bands, 50m strider on track

2 x 50m - 6.47, 6.16

100m strider on turf

Puma spikes on

2 x 150m - 19.07, 18.74

Very small volume today but I needed to run fast, a little.  I thought to myself, if I can't break 19 in a flying 150 in spikes, I should forge about racing in 11 days.  I may not go anyway ... haven't been doing much resistance work or what I feel is serious training.  I seriously doubt I can break 26 in a 200m race, but... you never know.  I'm still training and am thinking about it.  If it's cold or rainy, I'll definitely cancel.

144.2 lbs after workout


1 comment: