Sunday, September 2, 2018

Time trial

Very warm tonight for Sewanee in Sept., 80ish around sunset.  I put the spikes on for the first time in 2 weeks.  Went ok, not great, but I felt good afterward, no strains and feel fine.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
400m from blocks- 56.96 (25.8, 31.1)
I went out a bit too fast and rigged real hard in the end.  It was exhausting.  I self timed and had Roya timed my 200m split, she actually had me in 25.4 for the opening 200, but was looking from 100m away and starting on my movement, so 25.8 is an estimate... too fast for my fitness level.  Lost a lot of time at the end.  My last 100 was certainly 16+.  Bad... but not terrible overall, just need to execute better.

Maybe a bit heavy, was 145 ish before workout, but I ate lean today, so I think I can drop 2 lbs by the time I race Friday.   I may be in better shape for a 200 than a 400.  We'll see. 

I may go out tomorrow to do a brief conditioning workout, like 3 x 150m w/ 30 sec.   Tues I'll do a shake out light workout and I leave Wed, arrive Thurs, round 1 of the 200m on Friday. 

Not in 'medal shape' ... but it's about the journey, and making the finals.  The rounds will be like 'training'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment