Monday, September 3, 2018

Final workout

Low 80's and very much like Malaga weather here in Sewanee in mid afternoon.  I contemplated what to do today.  Since I ran a rather disappointing time trial yesterday, I thought about doing another 400m, but decided it would be too much.  I needed some race modeling so I ran a beeper paced 300m event run...  it went really well.  Now we're talkin'.  Much better than yesterday.... even though my pace was about the same through 200m.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 30m from blocks 
300m event run from blocks - 39.8 (25.7, 14.1) 
Hoka trainers on 
3 x 150m w 30 sec rest - 22, 22, 21
3 x block starts

An 'honest' 300m even run, from blocks, reacting to a beep start.  Fastest 300m I've run in training this season.  Was still under 26 at the 200, although it didn't seem that fast per my effort.  When I hit the 100m in well under 13, I relaxed a bit but it was still fast at 200m.  Huge difference from yesterday.  Why?  First reason, weightI weighed 141.4 after workout today.  I was about 3 lbs heavier at workout yesterday.  The other reason is intangible.  Some days you just have it, feel it, etc... some days you don't.  At the end of the run I felt I could have run the last 100m in 16 or less which ... theoretically, would put me sub 56... but I don't want to get too optimistic.  Maybe I'm moving toward a peak.

I finished with a brief but hard set of intervals, ran mostly for form and not a maximum effort.
I may go out tomorrow and just stretch, do some strides, resistance bands, nothing much. 

Hasta luego.










No comments:

Post a Comment