Tuesday, September 25, 2018

300, 200, 55s

Sunday, I got out and did a few sprints at Marist because I'm committed to racing in the Sr. Games on Sat. It was very warm, probably mid 80ºs.   I'm definitely not recovered from the season.  My feet still hurt when I get up every morning and I've put on about 5 lbs.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
300m - 42.8 
200m - 26.43 
2 x 55m - 8.10, 6.98

The last 55m was near full effort and seemed pretty fast considering my PR for that distance is 7.23.

Monday, I went for a bike ride and then went to the gym where I did a full warmup, some drills, cable work with my hams and hip flexors and a few cleans.  I seemed to sweat a lot.  I think that's a function of being out of shape.  When you're fat, ya sweat.   I am reminded of how quickly fitness is lost.  I think that increases with age.  I know I have to stop training on the track to give my feet some time to recover.  i am committed to another Sr games meet in Chattanooga in 3+ weeks, but I will reduce track sessions to once or twice a week max after Sat.

I'm about 148.5 lbs today.  I think I can be 145 or less by race day on Sat.

Today, Tues... I'll go to the track and warmup, do a few short sprints.


No comments:

Post a Comment