Thursday, June 1, 2017

tempo 300s / split 500

I wish I felt better today, just fatigued from two days of hard work on my feet, widening my road, moving large boulders, logs, etc... getting legs and arm scratched in the woods.  But, I got to track anyway... and the conditions were nice, low 70ºs, cloudy and calm winds.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 47.5, 49, 51.5 
split 500m - 300m / rest 1m / 200m - 44.5, 31.5

This looks modest compared to some workouts I've done, but it totally kicked my butt.  I couldn't have done my usual 4 x 300m  w/ 2 min rest.  I was too fried after 3, so I rested and did a split 500m. Just not fit or rested enough yet.

To do big workouts, I need a lot of recovery and downtime before I go out, but too busy right now to get some.  However, most of my hard work is done.

143.5 after workout.  I was 142.2 after a morning of outdoor work, then I had a protein shake.

I committed to the NCCWMA Championships in Toronto last night -  Aug 11-13.    North and Central American and Caribbean World Masters Athletics Championships ... how's that for a cumbersome name?.



No comments:

Post a Comment