Friday, June 9, 2017

500s

Super beautiful evening in Sewanee, low 70ºs, clear, dry, calm winds.  I napped on the porch while waiting for my time to come ... to enter the pain zone.

Stepping up the speed a bit today, still not race pace.  Just moderate volume today since I may go out tomorrow for some short speed work.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 500m - 79, 81.5, 83.5
The 400m splits were 62, 64.5, 66.   I'm getting there but haven't suffered enough to get down to sub 56 shape, I think.  I ran the first one hard.  Anytime I go under 80 with training shoes in a 500m, that's a lot of effort.  The second one I saved enough to really pound the last 100m.   The last one was hard, I almost bailed, but I finished it.

Still transforming myself into lean and mean.  A ways to go.  144.5 after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment