Thursday, June 29, 2017

500s

Low 70s and humid at the Sewanee track with occasional sprinkles and a rainbow.   Still nothing real fast, just 500m repeats and they were no picnic.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 500m - 81.5, 82, 83.5, 84.5 
200m strider - 29ish
The first one seemed the most difficult and I relaxed a bit more on the others.  It was hard, although I took ample rest in between.  Wasn't up for a limited rest tempo set tonight.   This is the same workout I did on 7/13/15, a few weeks before I won my first outdoor nationals.  However, that workout was in high heat (86º / 93º heat index).  My average pace today 82.8 was almost identical to that workout 2 yrs ago.

143.9 after workout.  No sign of soreness or strain.  Think I'm good to go but will be cautious when beginning to run fast again.

Notice, I wear different shoes on different feet...  a Clifton 2 on my left and a Clifton 3 on my right.  The Clifton 3 is slightly higher and a bit stiffer.  Good for running left turns.

Me with my extra thick cushioned socks

No comments:

Post a Comment