Tuesday, May 30, 2017

600s

More foundation work.  It's a killer.

Nice day in Sewanee, 73º and mostly cloudy with storms in the distance.   You would think 600s would be easier than 800s but no.  With 600s, I'm running about 4 or 5 seconds faster per 200m, so it's just as hard.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 600m - 1:46, 1:49, 1:51, 1:50 
200m strider
It was about as fast as this same workout I did last August when starting a training cycle in preparation for Perth, but the conditions are much better today than last Aug. ( 90º heat index).  Maybe by late next week, I'll be running fast and will put the spikes on in about 2 weeks.

In the mean time, I'll be starting weights tomorrow night and will try to keep an every other day or so track regime.  I may do my first lesser volume tempo set next time out and maybe some hills.  This foundation stuff is painful and difficult.   Gets ya right in the gut.  Sometimes, I think I should slow these reps down and take less rest.  But that will be coming.  I remember that killer 600,600,400,400 w/ 3 min rest I've done a few times.

143.7 after workout

1 comment: