Tuesday, April 4, 2017

more long sprints, hills

First warm day in a while, sunny 75º at the Sewanee track.  My ham is just a little sore, but not when running, only when stretching.  I feel no problems with it, although there is a visible defect - still a small swelling in the area.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
split 500m - 300m / 70 sec rest / 200m - 42.5, 27.5 
3 x 200m - 27, 27.5, 27 
4 x100m, 150m hill sprints - 18, 28
Past 2 days, good solid workouts, over a mile of sprints each day.  Today, a little faster.  I took parts of the 200s up to 90% level with no problems and my hill sprints had good fast turnover.

I'm still in decent shape despite the increase in bread I've been eating, 143.4 lbs after workout.

I see no reason why I couldn't race a 400m this weekend.  The meet would be at Berry, where I ran just prior to Daegu.  It would be nice to post a faster time than I ran there before, 55.79.  That will be tough since I feel like I've lost my edge a bit since Daegu.

I have to decide by tonight if I'm going to do it.

UPDATE:  Well, I won't be racing this weekend, the deadline was 5pm, I thought it was midnight.   O well.  A week from Friday is Sewanee's meet and by then, I should be good to go for the 400/200 double.

UPDATE #2:  I emailed the meet director at Berry, pleading ignorance.  Luke is a masters guy himself so maybe he'll let me in.



No comments:

Post a Comment