Friday, April 7, 2017

blocks, event run

Cooler weather in TN today, sunny, upper 50ºs breezy and pleasant.   Just testing the ham with some race pace work and blocks in spikes.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 60m accelerations - up to 90%
Puma spikes on 
2 x 40m from blocks 
300m even run from blocks - 40 (13,13,14)
Race splits were right on, so I guess I'm ok to race.  I felt no problems whatsoever from my left ham that I tweeked last week, although there still is a small visible swelling in the area.  I've done considerable band work and weights to strengthen as well as vigorous massage.  Actually, my right ham felt more sore and vulnerable than my left.

So, I'm going back to Berry College tomorrow to race a 400m.   I added late, but I'm still not on the start list, despite emails to the timer from the coach and me.  I'll likely be running blind in lane 7 with no one in 8.  That's ok.   This is the track I ran 55.79 on from lane 2 a month ago.  I'd like to better that mark, but it will be tough.  Not in the same training mode I was in before Daegu.   However, the weather looks great, sunny and 60º at race time.  One and done.  Just the 400m.

Another week of training before I do a 400/200 double in Sewanee in a week.   Then 2 weeks to get ready for my first and probably only 100m race of the season at the Penn Relays.

No comments:

Post a Comment