Saturday, June 4, 2016

400 repeats

Summertime weather, humid with an approaching storm at the Dean Hayes track, all set up for tonight's pro meet - the Music City Distance Carnival.  I dragged out my elder colleague for a workout, although we didn't run together.  I wanted to run even or negative split 400s at 85%.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 400m - 61 (31.5/29.5), 66 (32.5/33.5), 63 (32/31)
I did the second 400m with about 5-6 min rest then a storm hit.  I went out after a nice rest after the storm for one more on a wet track with a lot of standing water, ran in lane 7 to avoid most of the puddles.  

Tonight, I've arranged not to judge the guitar competition at MTSU so I can go out and watch some of the pro race - the Music City Distance Carnival on my home track.  Both events are going on simultaneously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment