Saturday, April 18, 2015

600s

Last night was Sewanee's track meet, my hometown track meet.   It killed me to miss it.  I went and volunteered, moved hurdles, blocks, etc... it was nice to be there.  They had good weather, low to mid 60ºs.   I saw Cortez run a season best 11.06 100m for the home team and win.  I'm going to miss that race.

Today I went out to a quiet Sewanee track to bust butt again. It was breezy, sunny and about 73º.  I gave it 2 days rest because the injury was a bit sore after the 3rd workout in 5 days, running 800m repeats.   Today wasn't any easier.  Injury felt fine, only felt it when I ran my last 400m.  The injury site is finally showing some black n blue... kind of odd after 3 weeks.
600m warmup, stretches, drills 
5 x 600m - 1:55, 1:56, 1:58, 1:56, 1:58 
400m - 68

It was a bitch as usual.  Kept reminding myself how 'lucky' I was, that I was able to be out there doing that.   I'm confident that it is not hurting the injury, felt good when I was doing some after stretches.  144 lbs after workout.

Equipment
I found a pair of last years Puma Bolt Evospeed LTDs in the UK my size and bought them for about $125 including shipping.   In my favorite electric green too.  Been looking a while for these and am convinced they are the last of their kind on earth.  My training shoes have just about had it and I will be replacing those next week.   The Saucony Rides have been fine, but I might try on some others. Nike Flynet Lunar, Saucony Guide 8, or Saucony Triumph iso perhaps.   Do I go with maximum forefoot cushioning or a lighter more flexible shoe with slightly less cushion?   I need to go into the store.

Sewanee Mtn Laurel Invitational 2015 - beautiful evening for a meet

Saturday, at the office



No comments:

Post a Comment