Thursday, January 8, 2015

starts - indoor

Nice to be inside tonight on the Sewanee indoor track. After a thorough warmup, I did about 10 starts from blocks and about 30 - 40m sprints to full speed.

I did some videos.   Seems like my weakest point is reaction and quickness to the first step.  The bunch start is similar in activity to the squat jumps I do, but I need to perhaps reduce the weight and just work on quickness.  It takes me about 0.4 sec from first movement to first step.  Add 0.25 reaction time and that is the better part of one second to take one step.  Need to be a bit faster, especially for the 60m and 100m.

I wrapped the thighs with 6" ace compression rolls and it felt great.   The compression gives me confidence and protection and I feel fairly invincible to injury when doing full power stuff like this.

I also did a few sets on the glute machine.
600m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 40m striders 
Puma Bolt spikes on 
10 x 30-40m from blocks 
Saucony trainers on 
2 x 40 w/ 240lbs - glute machine


No comments:

Post a Comment