Tuesday, November 25, 2014

short and long

Did a mixed workout today at the Sewanee track, 48º and cloudy.   Sewanee is a ghost ship now, everyone leaving for the holiday and most cafes shut (except Julias).  I was the only car in the parking lot, not that unusual.   I ran everything today at 90%+ except the first 400m.   I'm always amazed at how easy the first 200m is compared to the last when doing an even split 400m.  
Saucony Ride trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
400m - 59.5 (even split 30/30) 
Saucony Showdown spikes on 
block starts 
6 x 55m - full speed 
300m - 41.5
I worked on starts and technique.  I have to remind myself to keep good linear form when hitting the end of a 400.    Good to know I can break 60 in a 400m without giving full effort, and in training shoes.   My 300 was 400m race pace, and in spikes.  I put my sweats on for the 55s and took time in between, some were close to 7, but not under.  Sometimes I can really nail a start and sometimes I get out a bit unbalanced.   (The 55m dash is one of those events where I wish we could run it 3x and take the best time).

My start must look odd, a lot of weight on my hands, lead foot very close to the line.  The 'animal start' where I push from 'all 4s'.

Feel a bit lighter and faster.  Still about 5 lbs to lose.



















No comments:

Post a Comment