Wednesday, November 19, 2014

300s

After a cold snap, the temperature was back up to a near seasonable sunny 50º today but very windy.   In my 300s today, I chose to run my first 100m into the wind and last 100m, with the wind.
Saucony Ride trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m - 44.5, 44.5, 45, 45.5
This doesn't look like much on paper but it was a bitch.   These 300s were at least 62sec 400m pace or 85-90% effort.  Recovery was plentiful.

I'm still in sort of a training limbo.   Not yet submitting to the wicked limited rest intensive tempo workouts, and not doing regular speed work due to the cold either.   Need to do more short stuff, acceleration, top speed work.

Also still need to lose weight.

To clarify terms and training methods, I found this article instructive.   Speed, Speed Endurance, Specific Endurance, Special Endurance, Intensive Tempo, Extensive Tempo, Resisted Sprints, Assisted Sprints, etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment