Sunday, November 23, 2014

cool, hard, wet, dark

Sunday, it had been raining all day in Sewanee, 1.4" of rain.   After a 3pm chamber concert, I was happy to see the rain stopped so I rushed home and dressed for a workout.   I got on the track just after sunset and it started raining hard during my warmups.   Took shelter in the car.   Was very windy but in the low 50ºs.  Went back out in the drizzle and again was driven back to my car  by hard rain.

Finally back on the track and as I was lining up for a 300m, it started raining again.   A little standing water on the track.  Waited for the wind to die slightly and went, a little pissed that the wind picked up just after I started.

I did a short but hard workout, just 3 sprints at 90%, focusing on stride alignment and lift.... and called it a day.  It actually felt good and I'm glad I did it.

Saucony Ride trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
300m - 43 
200m - 27.5  
100m - 13

It was light enough that I could even go out again tomorrow.   It's supposed to be mid 50ºs with less chance of rain.

Making a significant effort to lose a few lbs, but it's coming very slow.   Still 147 after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment