Tuesday, November 12, 2013

foundation work



The conditions were brutal ... about freezing with blustery winds and snow flurries.  Wind chill in the mid-20ºs, a wind advisory in effect.  I knew I'd be alone out there, the only person crazy enough to be out in this drastic cold snap.  Temperature has dropped 30º from yesterday, forecast says 18º tonight.  Presently snow showers and the temperature keeps dropping.

It took a lot of impetus just to get out there instead of sitting by the  fire with coffee and guitar.

Even with the cold, I ran in short tights, and by the last 2 runs, was warm enough to shed my sweat jacket and run in my tech T-shirt.

Ran long instead of fast.  Good choice for a cold day.
Saucony Virrata trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 800m w/ 3:30 rest - 2:43, 2:47, 3:02, 2:56 
400m - 72
The workout was hard but didn't feel as drained as I did on Sunday.  I 'carbed up' a bit last night with some pasta for dinner.  Weight is up a bit but not bad - 142.6 after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment