Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day off

Minor injury...
Taking a day off to let that hip joint recover.  Not a good time for an injury with the season opener two weeks from Friday.  Even training tomorrow on the track may be questionable.  I'll do some light resistance today and stretching, see how it feels.   This often happens when I do a vigorous resistance workout for the first time in a while.  I don't do well with ball and socket joints.  When I do get back to the track, I best not run fast for a week.  Just tempo endurance suffering.

New meet possibilities:

January is shaping up where I could run 3 consecutive weekends if I'm willing to travel.

Jan. 5 - Nashville, TSU - Ed Temple meet
Jan. 11 - Birmingham, AL - Blazer Invitational
Jan. 18 -  Lexington, KY - KY Invitational

These meets are definitely open to individuals.  All these tracks are excellent... the Lexington track is in a facility called the "Nutter Field House"... how's that for a name?  It's an over size 290m 6-lane track.  Nice.  UK Wildcats, hometown of Tyson Gay.

Nutter Field House - 290m track



The Birmingham Crossplex has a brand new 200m banked Mondo.  They also have the most rigorous spike check procedures of any track meet I've ever seen.  No Xmas trees.  I think I'd choose on oversize track to a 200m banked... but both are excellent.  The 200m track will likely have a break where the 290m may not.


Birmingham Crossplex track




No comments:

Post a Comment