Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Tempo endurance 300s




A wonderfully cool 64º morning on the Dean Hayes track at 5:40 am.


I was joined by my student Brad for a tempo endurance 6 x 300m workout with timed rest.   This workout was the same pace as last ... about 17sec / 100m, but with 2 min rest.






This felt good, not as hard as the 10x200m workout, maybe because I'm lighter and more fit.   I was able to maintain a fairly consistent speed on all my 300s. My last one was the same speed as my first one.   If it weren't for my ankle, I would have done more.   Brad did ok, staying about 5 sec behind me on every run.
Saucony Virrata trainers on 
600m warmup, stretches, drills, walking (waiting for Brad) 
6 x 300m - (51-54 sec) 2 min rest interval
With my first race a week away, I think I better keep with the foundational tempo endurance on Friday and Sunday, maybe do the same workout but faster or with negative splits.   Then, an event run in spikes and some blocks on Tues.  Tuesday morning I have appointments with my foot and hand Drs., so maybe an evening workout on Tues.

Later in my mini season, after this first meet, maybe some power speed work in spikes, short intervals. 50m from blocks.  And more event runs and negative split 300s, 400s.

I'm almost at 'race weight', lightest I've been this year: 142.6 after workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment