Tuesday, August 27, 2013

spike up for speed endurance

I did a ladder down speed endurance workout today in an effort to maintain speed and work on form in the last 100m.   I got to the Dean Hayes track a bit later than I wanted, about 6:50am.  It was a beautiful sunny day and in the upper 60s and not too humid.  My student Jacob joined me, but he wasn't in shape and puked after the second run.  He stayed with me though.
800m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony Showdown spikes on 
500m - 79  (63/16) 
400m - 64
300m - 46 
200m - 28.5 
100m -13.5
It was a good workout.  The last 100m felt good and everything seemed to work right.

The track team distance guys and girls were there, and toward the end of my work out, the girls soccer team showed up.   I didn't hear from the assist. coach that previously ejected me from the stadium.   I was hoping I'd see him.

Still fighting this cold, woke up at 2:30am and felt bad, sore throat, coughing, but felt better after I slept a few more hours.  My ankle feels ok so I'm thinking about doing stadium stairs tomorrow.

My weight is up a bit because of that vegetable and fish stew.  I was 146 after dinner and now 142.2 after workout.  Heh... 4 lb loss in just 12 hrs.

I cleared up the issue with my health insurance wellness contractor, Healthways.  They had the audacity to move me out of the preferred "healthy" group to the standard more expensive group.  It was because I didn't fill out an online self reported health form.  It's a bogus system.  What person is going to self report to their insurance company that they are unhealthy?   I sent them my health data and they still denied my appeal!  I then bitched to anyone who would listen threatening to take this to the media. The put me back into the preferred group.  I sent them this training blog.  Maybe they looked at it.





2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better now.
    Fish and veggie stew? Perhaps your recipe here or on your other blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple sprinters stew:
    Cabbage, Celery, onions, garlic, tomatoes, carrots, two mahii-mahii fish filets, clam or vegetable boullion, curry powder. Boil for 15m. Presto. Speed meal.

    ReplyDelete