Friday, August 9, 2013

hot spike speed workout


I can sprint.


My first quality speed workout in spikes since I started track workouts just 3 weeks ago...  it was encouraging.  



Due to a conflict that interrupted my workout, I had to return to the track at 9:30am to warmup a second time and train in awful heat and blazing sun.   By 10 am it was 83º on the Dean Hayes track with a heat index of 91º (a dewpoint of 76º - terrible humidity).










800m warmup, stretches, drills 
Nike R3 spikes on 
400m - 59 (28/31) 
      -- workout interrupted (see previous post) -- 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Nike R3 spikes on 
2 x 300m - 42.5, 43 
2 x 200m - 27.5, 28

Considering this is after just 3 weeks of workouts after 7 months off, not too bad.   I can still sprint.  Now, I need to go back to the grind of quantity sprint repeats with limited rest.   On these and many of my previous workouts, I've been liberal with the rest in between.

Inventory:
Ankle is only a little sore and not worse.  It felt ok during workout, almost no pain.  Calves and groin a little tight.  Closing in on race weight.   143.8 after workout.  

Will probably take the weekend off and play guitar.  Next workout probably Monday.






No comments:

Post a Comment