Monday, August 12, 2013

Tempo endurance 200s

This kind of workout has it's own 'special' type of pain.  I rarely do these, but should do them much more.

71º, sunny and humid at Sewanee's St. Andrews track at 6:30am.   Beautiful morning with fog rising out of the valley.

10 x 200m with one minute rest interval strictly timed.  I integrated the rest interval into my beeping timer so I wouldn't cheat.   I was knackered after 6, but somehow I did 10 with not much loss of speed.   I stayed close to the goal of 34 sec 200s.  My last 200m was right on target, 34.
Saucony Virrata trainers on 
800m warmup, stretches, drills 
10 x 200m - 34 avg (32-36) with 1 min rest

If my ankle wasn't an issue, I think I could rest and do it again, but I don't want to push it.  2000m of sprints is a decent days work.   Tempted to run these in spikes but it's good not to.  One good thing about this type of workout, it takes less time than those long sprint / long recovery workouts.  I should do some tempo endurance 300s and work up to some power sprints (fast - short).   This workout makes me realize that it takes more effort and is more tiring to run with good form, which should not be a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment