Friday, August 2, 2013

500s

Sprinting faster.   All these runs were in sprint form, running faster than previous workouts since I've been back.   65º under a stunning sunrise sky at the Dean Hayes track.


Breaking the jinx..

This 4 x 500m workout is the same workout where I broke my foot in Dec., so I was a little spooked about this one.    I am 6 lbs heavier and running in flats, so I didn't expect to run my usual 83-84 avg.  However, the first one was pretty fast.  
Saucony Virrata trainers on 
700m warmup, dynamic stretches, drills 
4 x 500m - 84, 89, 88, 87    (87 avg)
150m 
To completely break the jinx and give myself some motivation, I put my Saucony spikes on for the last 500m, the same shoes I broke my foot in.   It felt ok.  I decided to try a 200m fast ... about 28 pace, but after 150m, I pulled up with ankle pain.  

This was a similar pace to my 3/11/12 workout, right before I won the Indoor Nationals, but I also did 5x200m in that same workout.   I think my ankle issue will prevent me from training in spikes a lot and putting up a lot of sprint mileage.   Hope it improves.   Frustrating, because everything else seems to be working.

Since I'm taking the weekend off for some visiting and social stuff, I'm going to also do a resistance workout.  Starting to get my sprint body back on....   big ass and calves, thin waist .... but what do I have to do to get these last 5 lbs off?   Very difficult.  Eating small and no carbs for 2+ weeks.  Still 145.8 after workout.  No real change in a week.  Guess I'm going to have to fast a bit and give up sugar in my tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment