Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday dawn

Up at 4:30am and on the Dean Hayes track just before 5.  It was nice, cool, serene morning.... about 69º.

Slept about 3 1/2 hrs last night and was a bit heavier today than last.   Being my first dawn workout, I wasn't used to the schedule and I was retaining last night's meal which put my preworkout weight up to 145.

Same type of workout, 800s but I could not talk myself into 4.  No way José.



400m warmup, stretches, few drills 
Saucony spikes on
3 x 800m - 2:36, 2:40, 2:41

I guess my pain tolerance was low today.  Ham feels about the same, just tight.  Calves are unusually sore.   I guess thats from running 800s on my toes all week.  I am 2 lbs heavier after workout than the previous: 144.2.   Wow.



Party tonight and the Olympic trials continue from Tracktown.


No comments:

Post a Comment