Friday, June 8, 2012

400m, blocks

Warm evening at the Dean Hayes track.   I was surprised to see MTSU sprinters there this evening.   They were training for their national Olympic trials in their native Nigeria.   For many college track athletes, the NCAA season ended today with the finals of the 100m and the 400m.

This was my 6th day out of the past 7 on the track and I didn't want to do much.  I ran a 400m at 85-90% and then did blocks.

Mile warmup on grass, stretches, drills
2 x 100m striders on grass
Puma Bolt spikes on 
100m on the turn - 13.5
400m - 59.5
many starts from blocks

I'm really beginning to believe that this weird new start is the ticket.   It is consistent, and strong.   I've never stumbled and I really feel good mechanical advantage in the drive phase.   We'll see how it pans out in the 100m.   I'll use it in every event.

Well, well... it looks as if I'll have some really good competition in NC.  The guy (R. Stuart) that beat me narrowly in both the 100m and 200m at SE Masters last year is racing.   I look forward to the matchup.   We are very evenly matched but I have slightly faster times than last season so we'll see what happens.  R.S. is running the 100 and 200.  There is no one to challenge me in the 400m in my age group but there is a 44yr old who runs about the same times I do, so he'll push me.

Inventory:  weight is 140.0 after workout.  Feel good to go.  Seemed to tire easily tonight, probably due to light food intake.

Coach Page remarked that he's envious of my glutes ... so this is for you coach.





3 comments:

  1. Always thought 'Coach Page' was a little weird ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. tried to save you from yourself but you just had to post the vanity shot...

    ReplyDelete