Monday, January 30, 2012

Recovery day and meet photos

From Saturday's TSU Invitational meet: the top photo is the final 60m of the 400. The guy in front of me tied up and faded badly, he finished just a few tenths ahead of me. On the final straight I moved to lane 2 thinking I would pass him but didn't. That cost me some time. Such is the indoor 400. Bottom photo is from lap 1 just before the break. I didn't mind lane 5, Much less turn to run... anything but lane 1.

Looking ahead, there are just 3 meets left before nationals on my schedule... unless I want to drive a few hours. The Mason Dixon Games are on March 2. Not sure I want to drive 3 hrs each way to run on boards, although it is a banked track and would give me one more meet, 2 weeks before nationals. As it stands now, I have 2 meets at Sewanee where I'll concentrate on the 55 and 200, and one meet at MTSU where I'll do the 55 and 400. Sewanee's track is a great surface but tight, only 160 meters. It might be tough turning a good 200 on those tight turns, especially in lane 1. That's 3 meets in 4 weeks, then 3 weeks off til Nationals.

As expected, the groin is sore today but not terrible. I may be back on the track tomorrow. With a Saturday meet, I will be hard pressed to get in 2 hard and 1 easy track workouts in this week. I need to do some speed work and maybe some stadium stairs. Some block work wouldn't hurt.

1 comment:

  1. NO WAY you're 51 years old!! Mom and I must have got you mixed up somewhere along the way. Let that 'groin' heal or you'll be dealing with it all season!

    ReplyDelete