Monday, December 5, 2011

Endurance intervals on the street

This is the same workout I did last Tuesday so I was shooting to better my times. I did, by a little. An unusually warm December day, 65ยบ, windy with rain approaching.

I felt heavy since I fell off the diet wagon at my student's Senior Recital party on Saturday. OMG... Scottish scones with currants and cream, chocolate cake, and apple pie. The scones were the best. That sort of triggered that carb addiction of mine and the next day I also over-ate a bit. Truly proves that "the more you eat, the more you want to eat" ... especially sweets and rich food. Not too much damage done though, nothing exercise and a day of really light eating won't solve.

Here it was, more aerobic foundation work. Still not running fast, but ran a straightaway 400m at 80% to end the workout:

1 mile - 6:25 (3:06, 3:18)

4 min rest

4 x 800m - 3 min rest between - 3:08, 3:16, 3:18, 3:12

several min rest

400m - (straight - in sprint form) - 66.5

Inventory:

Calves sore and ab injury still nagging as usual, but not debilitating. I can tell this injury will have to improve before full power starts from blocks can occur. I'm thinking 2-3 weeks.

Weight - after workout: 145.6 lbs - had actually gotten up to 149 on Sunday night.

Next workout: Wed, stadium stairs. The first time I tried these last month, I could only get 8. I hope to get at least 15 this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment