Friday, December 2, 2011

Track intervals in the sunny cold

Tempo endurance workout, about 70-80% speed on the track.

The Dean Hayes Track felt warmer than the actual 35º at 8:15 am this morning - bright and sunny. My usual warmup left me with a slight sweat so I felt warm in my long tights.

1000m warmup, stretches, sprinter drills
spikes on

6 x 300m - 50, 51, 54, 55, 51, 49
(rest intervals: 2, 2, 2, 3, 5 min)

Still not running fast. Did a similar workout last May with times 5 sec faster (although slightly more rest in between). Maybe the effects of "Father Time."? I just don't want to push too fast since the injury is still not 100% healed. I still feel it, but it is minor and very localized to a point on the left inguinal area. I'm just not going to try aggressive starts for at least a few more weeks. With times like this for a 300m, it's hard to imagine running a 55 sec 400m again.

Weight is getting down there - 144.2 after workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment