Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Nov. 1 - THE start

Hitting the road for my first run in 3 months felt weird.

Donning my Spira training shoes, long tights, and support garb, I did a brisk mile run. It felt OK. I could still feel the injury, but just slightly. The run felt moderately hard considering my 151 lb weight. I ran some of it on my toes.

So, here's my first training log of the new season:

1 mile run: 6:55

lunges, dynamic stretches, upper body, lower body resistance bands, Bulgarian squats 2 x 15 w/50 lbs, squat jumps

I still have a long way to go. My diet sucks and I keep saying, "I'll start tomorrow." Well, today is tomorrow. I wanted to do more today, but I'll just be conservative. I won't even do a full sprinter warmup yet. If I don't rush it, it should be at least another month before I put the spikes on and hit the track for some real sprinting.

I need to get into the weight room and also into the stadium for some stair runs and striders on grass. Regarding the on campus parking situation, the only time to do that is before 8 am and it's usually freezing at that time. I'll plan to do that on Fri. Maybe by next week I'll be able to start pushing and get some aerobic foundation work. Right now, I'm in a testing phase. I expect some soreness from this first workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment