Saturday, November 26, 2011

Holiday workout on the mountain

In Sewanee for the Thanksgiving holiday. Perfect weather for a track workout - 50ºs but windy.

Have felt the injury a little more this week, but it improves on off days. I guess it's something I'm just going to have to live with and hope it continues to improve over time. I wore my ab compression pants for some extra support. My calves were still sore from hiking.

Still feel very out of shape. Again, over anxious and started too fast on the first one.

1000m warm up, stretching, drills

spikes on

4 x 400m - 69, 80, 81, 80 (2 to 3 min rest in between)

200m - 30 sec

Ran the 200m with a fairly aggressive start from down position. The first few steps is the point of greatest stress on the ab.

I want to run faster with more rest in between but that is NOT what I need right now. Next workout will be longer distance, probably 800s.

I've been supplementing the workout with a cardio routine called "Insanity" on video which I've not yet been able to keep up with for the full 40 min. Also the usual resistance.

Not sure of my weight, but I've eaten sensibly this holiday and am probably no more than 147 lbs.




No comments:

Post a Comment