Friday, May 13, 2011

Pre race day 5/13/11

Today's light workout at 6:30 am was just to remind me I can run. I did a few short sprints at about 85% effort and was reminded at how little is gained in terms of speed between 85% effort and 100%. My times were pretty fast considering the low effort:

800m jog, dynamic stretches and drills

Asics Spikes on.

From the blocks:

200m - 26.5

2 x 100m - 13.5

2 x 50m

Weight is on target 136.4. I need to go to bed under 138 and I'll be light and fast in the morning. Pre race day I eat usually just Hammer Gel, Spirulina protein shake, soy milk and maybe a few nuts. Eat a lot of fruit, prunes, fish, and green vegetables during the week.

Everything felt good and I feel ready to blast my first 100m race in 2 months. I felt a little fatigue at the end of the 200m which reminds me that my long sprint fitness level will disappear very quickly if I stop training for 400s. I just wish I could get rid of this neck ache - (the kind you get from sleeping wrong), it's been a minor annoyance for 3 days.

I hope tomorrow's Nashville Senior Games meet isn't postponed due to weather. If so, it could be difficult for me to do it. I need the workout so I'll probably run a triple 100/200/400 tomorrow if I feel good after the 100/200.

I was disappointed to learn that the Huntsville USATF Metro Track Meet on 5/21 may be cancelled. It would have been my only opportunity for an FAT time before the SE Regionals.

There is another all-comers meet that same evening in Huntsville I can run in but I believe it is hand timed. Trying to find out more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment