Friday, May 27, 2011

5/27/11 - Back on the track

Perfect morning to run... cool, cloudy, a light mist at 6:30 am. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do but I actually did less than I planned because I started feeling sick because I had to go to the bathroom and as usual, the bathrooms were locked at the track. I had planned to do 2 x [400,300,200], but... I bailed.

Entire workout with Spira training shoes.

800m warm up and drills

set 1: 3 min rest in between
400m - 66.5
300m - 48
200m -29.5

set 2:
400m - 72

bail out ...

It felt good. Nothing faster than 75% but even the last slow 400 felt like work. It was a light enough workout that I may forego a rest day and return tomorrow. I can still feel the groin strain a little but it doesn't bother me when running these long sprints.

As I was leaving just after 7 am, there were already people arriving to set up the stadium for today's state HS meet. The results of the TN state high school track meet were posted on the wall ... yeah, the girls state champ could beat me in the 400, she ran 55's.

If I run tomorrow, my track workout schedule will be for the next 2 weeks: Sat., Mon., Tues., Fri., Sun., Tue., Thurs., leave Fri for SE Regionals. There is an opportunity for 6 good track workouts before SE Regionals. That's should be enough. Because of the TN Guitar Festival, I probably won't be able to go to the track on Wed. or Thurs. because I teach those mornings and have concerts those evenings.

Weight still good: 137.8

No comments:

Post a Comment