Monday, May 9, 2011

"Non-running" training day

The quad feels good. I've come up with some targeted exercises that really help the quad and they are working. Leg whips in the pool, lunges, squat jumps, resistance bands several different ways, etc... Also, today was an upper body and core day.

BUT... After my drills and squat jumps, I couldn't resist a sprint-jog around the neighborhood. What is a sprint-jog? Essentially jogging but running on the toes in sprint form. Or, a sprint at less than 40% effort. I did a mile with 3/4 on my toes with ocassional high knees. So much for a non-running day.

After eating alot this weekend, I weighed 141.2 this morning, my heaviest morning weight in recent memory. But, after a day of house chores, a workout and light eating, I'm back to a reasonable 139.2.

Tomorrow is my first track workout and I will try to be conservative, staying below 85% effort and doing long sprints with negative splits. We'll see how it feels. I'll start with a relaxed 400.

No comments:

Post a Comment