Monday, October 14, 2024

Tempo 150s on turf

Cool weather in here, actually perfect for training.   Still on turf and expect to remain on turf for most workouts this yr.  One-upped myself with a total of 7 150s today.  Did 3 sets and lots of time in between.

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, drills, 100m, bands

3 x150m w/ 30 sec rest - 25.19, 25.46, 26.43

2 x 150m w/ 30 sec rest - 22.93, 26.20

2 x 150m w/ 30 sec rest - 24.86, 26.60

The first set, I just wanted to get through 3x, even though HR was 181 at the start of 3rd rep.  Second set, I wanted run one fast (into the wind) and stride the second one, HR maxed at just 172.  3rd set wasn't bad since I took about full rest.  HR maxed at just 174.

Need to start running fast at some point, even 50 - 100m on turf.  

Felt it in the glutes after doing some single leg squats yesterday, haven't been doing them regularly.  

142.2 lbs after workout.  Weight is getting down there.  Probably won't do anything til Friday, unless I go out tomorrow.  

My hands have been feeling pretty good lately and I've been playing more guitar recently than in the past year or 2.  I decided to apply for a sabbatical to do some creative work and performing.  Chances are small that it will be approved, since I've had previous sabbaticals, but nevertheless.  In the unlikely event it is approved, it won't be until spring '26.   That summer might be my next World meet, I'll be 66 then and the meet is in Daegu, S. Korea.  

While applying I found this clip of a performance I did on NPR during my last sabbatical several yrs ago.  Surprised to find it.   

http://cpa.ds.npr.org/wpln/audio/2015/11/live_in_c_nov_17_2015_final.mp3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment