Tuesday, September 13, 2022

first tempo session

Bright sun and 76º, nice in the shade, hot in the sun, but at least low humidity.  Warm and dry the next week.

I wanted to attempt my first tempo set today and I set a modest goal of 3x300m w/ 3min rest at 51.  I completed it but it totally kicked my assWas very hard.  I had to lay on the track for 15 min to recover before I could walk to my car.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100m, bands

3 x 300m w/ 3m rest - 49.51, 51.19, 53.23 (avg 51.31)

After my first taste of tempo pain, leads me to the usual thoughts like 'how much longer can I do this?'  'Is it worth it?'  etc....  It's always about the journey.  It never is easy, it will always hurt, but it will become more tolerable, as experience has shown.  Also harder now, being 3 lbs over weight.   But, happy to be training in the Rincons.  The new Adidas Takumi Sen 8s come in tomorrow so will be doing a workout and review of them on Friday.  Still have not yet started overdistance - 600s, 500s.   I'm not feeling the injury anymore when running.  Only feel it slightly when doing an odd stretch or something.  I feel fairly confident I can sprint without reservations.  The foot is still the limiting issue but still tolerable if enough recovery.

142 lbs after workout.   

Next workouts will probably Friday and Monday.   Will be warmer and I'll have to be out in the hottest part of the day due to college sports.  

No comments:

Post a Comment