Tuesday, February 25, 2020

300s

Beautiful day to train in Sewanee, 56º and mostly sunny with a light SW breeze.  First time this year I was able to take my shirt off for some reps.  Track was wet from rain last night.

Wasn't feeling too great at start of workout but that improved.  I was going to do a tempo set of 4x300, but I ran the first one too fast to complete 4.  I thought it better to do 2 more of quality than to fall apart in my 4th tempo 300m.  (300s were run straight-turn-straight)

Hoka trainers on  
350m warm up, stretches, drills 
3 x 300m w/ 2:30 rest - 49, 50.5, 53.5 
2 x 300m - 45.40, 42.43

The last two 300s were run pretty hard, the first just concentrating on form, and the second, with everything I had left.   Took ample rest between.  I was quite happy to finish the set of 5 with a 42.4 300m, especially after doing 25 min on the stairmaster last night. 

Feeling in decent shape, like I can cruise a 27.5 200m without much effort.  Next thing is to begin work on short speed and acceleration.  That's a completely different thing.  I hope to maybe start that, gingerly,  in a week. 

Weights tonight.  Looks like cold weather Friday, but nice on Sunday, showers on Tues but warm. 

Still a few lbs to lose.  144.3 after workout. 

First shirtless workout of the new decade








No comments:

Post a Comment