Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Tempo 300s, sled

76º and very moist with showers in Sewanee.  I did my first set of tempo 300s since the injury and they went well.


Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 49, 48.5, 49.5, 49.5 (49.1 avg) 
4 x 75m sled pulls - 60 lb sled 
2 x 40m sled pulls - 105 lb sled

The tempo 300s were the fastest set of the season by a small margin, and comparable to the sets I was doing before Daegu, so I am in shape.  Right in the middle of my set, the kids tennis camp came into the stadium.  It gave me an out to quit, but I finished the workout.  It wasn't too bad, but hard.  Fortunately, it started raining and the kids went away.

I hooked up the sled to the harness and did 4 x 75m sprints on the track.  The sled has more resistance on the track than on the wet turf.   However, when I put the weight up to 105 lbs, I moved to the turf.  Wasn't too bad.  The longer sled sprints on the track were tough.  It was almost dark when I finished.

As usual, I went to the gym afterward to do the ham prehab exercises.   Looking forward to pushing the speed a bit more, conservatively each day a bit faster.   At least a week before any event runs.  I feel pretty fit and 4 weeks to Nationals.

139.9 lbs after workout.

105 lb sled

No comments:

Post a Comment