Friday, June 22, 2018

Back on track, 800s

In Florida visiting, working out at the Village High School track.  Mid 80º very high humidity, dewpoint 77º, and partly cloudy.   Going through my drills, I never felt the ham issue at all except when doing B skip drills with fast leg.  I felt it slightly when running, but very little. 
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 800m - 2:38, 2:42 
100m strider
To add to the discomfort of the heat, the leader of the local track club told me to wear a shirt... so odd.  I guess club or track rules?  I found it bizarre.  I hid under the stadium in between runs to take off my shirt off and cool down. 

Like Alan said, I think it's going to be another week before I can safely run fast.  But at least now I can do foundation intervals.  800s really suck, but they're good for me.  Tomorrow, I may run the local hill, not very steep, but this is FL. 

Staying pretty light, 143 after breakfast. 

I thought is theory it would be good to race an 800 in a few weeks, but after running a few in training, my desire to race an 800 is waning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment