Monday, October 9, 2017

brief speed

Same workout I did last Tues.  3 long sprints at 90% effort.  It was really hard despite the time in between.  Warm and summer-like today, upper 70ºs and humid.  I saw coach Jess and the X country team out there on the track for the first time.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 300m - 43.5, 44 
200m - 28

 Did one set of weights last night.  Faster than last time but it hurt a little, felt a little soreness in feet and hip, probably due to the hard set on glute machine.  Don't know what I'd do without the hot tub to sink into afterward.  The way I felt at the end of 300m tells me I doubt I can run must faster than 60 in the 400m.  I'm in bad shape so maybe I won't run the 400 in 2 weeks and just do short stuff.  I'm still heavy, about 146.7 lbs after workout.

Will be back on the track Friday then hopefully leaving to hike in the Smokies.

Last year during this time I was training hard for Perth.  But when I look back to 2015, I was only doing one track day and one weight day a week in Oct.  So, maybe I'm  doing too much too soon?   Don't know.  Will try to maintain one long and one short track workout a week.



No comments:

Post a Comment