Tuesday, October 3, 2017

brief hard workout

A brief workout by my usual standards on a stunningly beautiful day in Sewanee, sunny 75º.  I was just on the track Sunday and won't be back til probably Sunday or maybe Friday if I feel like it.   It did not go well today.  After taking time off, I'm not feeling refreshed, more sluggish and gimpy, just plain slow.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 300m - 46, 46 
200m - 28
Considering I was running 300s in 41 in training shoes 2 months ago, these 300s felt really hard considering the slow time.  I guess I'll go back to longer foundation next time out.  But it's going to be a real grind getting back.

146.5 lbs after workout.

Happy to be able to run, although my championships and world medals are probably over for a few yrs... til I turn 60.   My little brother 400m rival Marcus turned 55 today...  and I'll be pushing 58 by mid season.


No comments:

Post a Comment